We have a lot of instant messaging apps for our Smartphones. Hike is one of the most popular instant messengers which keep your near and dear ones closer. Hike is one of the most popular messengers with around 50 million downloads and 4.3 rating in Google Play store. Hike Messenger has a lot of new and lesser-known features.
Here are the tips and tricks to do more with Hike Messenger:
1. Bit Sized News
If you want to stay up-to-date but don’t like to use a separate news app, Hike is the best messenger to get news updates.
- Open the messenger
- On the top right corner, press 3 White Buttons
- Select “Rewards/”
- Tap “News on ”
- Now tap on “Get It Now!” and Hike will send updates as messages.
2. Hike Coupons
With the whole new Hike coupons, you can save more on online shopping. The app will keep you informed about coupon codes to save money on online shopping and eating at various popular restaurants.
- Go to “Rewards/Extras” by tapping on 3 white buttons
- Go to “Free Coupons” and it will display popular coupons.
- Go to “Restaurant” menu to collect coupons for nearest restaurant
- Choose your area
- In “Shopping” menu you can get money for online shopping.
Some of the largest online partners are Uber, Amazon, Askmebazaar, Peter England, Shopclues, Lenskart, GoIbibo, Myntra, Dominos, Printvenue, etc.
3. Photo Filters & Doodles
Photo editing has become the important part of our day to day life. A lot of instant messaging apps let you send pictures as is. But Hike makes image editing easier with these tips –
- On the contact’s chat, tap on “Paper Clip” symbol
- In Gallery option, choose picture or camera option
- After clicking picture or selecting it, draw a doodle or apply filters. You can change thickness of brush with “+” and “-“ buttons
4. Share Files Offline
Even if you don’t have an internet connection, you can still send files.
- Tap on “Hike Direct” from three white buttons
- It will prompt you to choose a contact. Keep in mind that the person should be within the range of 100 meters.
- Then you can send the files
5. Chat with Natasha (Your Personal Assistant)
Whether in real life or on online services, personal assistants are assigned to make your routine life easier. You can just enjoy the benefits when one is available on your messenger. Hike is one of few messengers that is offering virtual personal assistant at your service.
- Open hike and go to top right corner and click on three white buttons
- Go to “Rewards/Extras” and tap on “Natasha on ”
- Then you will see the 2D picture of her with a button “Hi Natasha.” You can tap on this button
- Soon you will get a reply from her with all the services listed that are offered to you, such as –
- #quiz – Play quiz about GK, Bollywood, Cricket and other topics
- #wordrush – Play word rush for entertainment and to upgrade your English skills
- #weather Place – get weather updates on your desired place
- #coupons – get some amazing coupons
- #fakecall – Stuck in an awkward situation? Get a fake call now to escape
- #quote – get inspiring quotes
- #more – Access more services like #wiki Name, #movie name, #Dict word to know the meaning of any word, #fact to get some mind-blowing facts, and #book Name to know about any book.
Hike has got another update, i.e. pattern lock feature, to protect your chats from unwanted stalkers.